the modern distiller

Commercial Still manufacturers - opinions on any?

let us know how we can support your journey into distilling

Commercial Still manufacturers - opinions on any?

Postby Jasper » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing a 10 gallon (or slightly larger) still from manufacturers in the US. I'm currently leaning towards one company, Stillz.
(Not sure if I can post a URL... so I'll hold off until I know one way or the other)

Has anyone ever used one their stills, and if so, was it a good product?

I'm not a 100% sure if I will go with this company and I am more than willing to listen to anyone's experience with other manufacturers. The Good and the Bad (and the Ugly!)

Thanks, Jasper :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Jasper

Re: Commercial Still manufacturers - opinions on any?

Postby hudsonbay distillers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm

jasper we have dealt with paul at affordable distillery equipment and i highly recommend him ..good well built affordable equipment of any size and a well rounded knowledge of what makes the world go round . compare apples to apples i dont think you will beat his price . we have a R and D baine marie still from him and are super happy with it not only is it a great whisky still its great for making cheese cant beat a baine marie lol .
tim
hudsonbay distillers

Postby Jasper » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply Tim!

It's funny, within a few hours I have learned that not all manufacturers are equal... they may talk a good talk but when it comes to construction and the quality they might just be blowing hot steam. ;). Sometimes.. they just have a nice looking website but at the end of the day the bottoms of their pots are butt-soldered. That can lead to some trouble I hear!

I just took a look at Affordable. Yes, they're quality! Not like the still I was looking at earlier.. thanks for the recommendation.
Jasper

Postby Copperhead road » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi jasper, check out rocky point copper stills there stuff is nice and they always use heavier gauge copper than most.
"Stillbilly wars is the sound of a propane jet in the dead of night"
Copperhead road

Return to New to Distilling