the modern distiller

Datalogging a Dash 1 Run

Hubble bubble toil and trouble

Datalogging a Dash 1 Run

Postby bret » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:00 am

I ran my still using my custom control system which also logs 6 values every second for 10000 seconds. The graph gives a good indication of how the column behaves on a run. The values I've saved is the time/Boiler (mash) temp/ Top of deflag temp/output of the heater control(via PID).

I am going to add some data to this log on the next run to capture which 500ml jar is being captured.

Mash/Wash details
30 L @20%
3.6Kw
94% at start pencil lead stream
90% at end fast drip
Discarded 200 ml foreshots
Jar 12 not so good on nose save for next run
Jar 3456 very good, 45 excellent
Jar 78 not so good save for next run

The Pid settled down as soon as I adjusted the deflag return temp up from 48C to 62.5C, this is really slow water flow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bret

Re: Datalogging a Dash 1 Run

Postby bret » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 am

I'm using a Unitronics Vision 120 UN which I got 2nd hand off ebay. They have free programming software for the unit and also free data handling software.

Awesome little units as they can monitor/use 12 digital inputs, 2 analogue inputs for temp or other, 10 outputs which 2 can be used for PWM output to control valves or heaters via SSR.

They also have programmable screens with bar graphs and data set-point entry, actual value display really up to your imagination (and programming skill)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bret

Postby WVSHINER » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 am

Huh, ?????????? 8-)
Black labs know stuff.
WVSHINER

Postby Philter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks for posting Bret. It's good to see what all the temps etc are doing, and at what stages of the run.

I had a look on ebay for the monitor and they are not cheap. In the scheme of things though, they are a great little unit :handgestures-thumbupright:
StillDragon Dash 2
Pda-1 Reflux
Swede's PWM / PID Controlled Boiler
50L Boiler
Philter

Postby Moscca » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:53 am

I remember a run with my Dash 1 where I had the dephlag. water at 62° and running really, really slow on gas. But after a while suddenly my alcohol meter jumped up and I saw my plates were not working properly.
Since then I run it with a bit more power and my cooling water is around 54°.

M.
Moscca

Return to bubble cap users group