the modern distiller

Boiler for 6" Vodka Still

Hubble bubble toil and trouble

Boiler for 6" Vodka Still

Postby bold » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:21 am

HI Guys!

What would be the minimum and maximum size boiler one would use for a 6" still dragon column? Also would sort of wattage would be needed to heat such a still.

Thanks in advance for all reply's!!!
bold

Re: Boiler for 6" Vodka Still

Postby FullySilenced » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 am

How much room do you have available? What voltage power and what amp service do you have available?

Is this a commercial application or hobby level? Are you going full automatic or running everything in manual mode?

Not trying to put an answer off but all that things factor in plus many more i didn't mention.

Send a PM to Smaug and tell him where your interest and goals are headed....

good luck and have fun here with us.... we have numerous professionals and ton's of professional hobbists.. a great group overall

:text-welcomewave:
FullySilenced

Postby bold » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks very much for the reply. Just wanted to get a range of the sizes that would be appropriate. Room is not an issue. This would be a commercial operation and manual mode.
Thanks again. Any other reply's would be welcome!
bold

Postby VintageDistillery » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 am

Personally, I would not run anything larger then a 100 gallon pot with a 6" column. There are allot of variables as fully silenced listed feel free to PM me with a phone number and we can discuss further.
Vintage Distilling LLC
Sumner, Washington USA
VintageDistillery

Postby myles » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:39 pm

1000 litre stainless IBC
myles

Postby the Doctor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:42 pm

I think the sweet spot is about 250 litres if you just want to keep your distilling days and power requirements to a minimum, any more than 300 litres I find that the days become a bit long for my liking.
Doc
[color=#00BF00]The Muppet who made this mess!
the Doctor

Postby myles » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:55 am

the Doctor wrote:I think the sweet spot is about 250 litres if you just want to keep your distilling days and power requirements to a minimum, any more than 300 litres I find that the days become a bit long for my liking.
Doc

For me even that's too big. If I was going for a commercial operation I think I would be trying to automate as much as possible. Either that or setting up a foolproof VM or E-ARC rig that would require minimal tweaking with.
myles

Return to bubble cap users group