the modern distiller

Dash 2 on a keg

Hubble bubble toil and trouble

Dash 2 on a keg

Postby SAWMAN10 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 pm

HI all,

Been reading a bunch and have a few questions.

Will the Dash 2 connect directly to the sanke keg top using the 4" to 2" reducer ?

Are the Dash 1 and Dash 2 the same other than the 2 additional plates? Could i buy a Dash 1 and then later buy 2 more tees and plates and it be a Dash 2?

Is it better to piece a kit together or go ahead and get one of the Dash units?

I have a unit on order from from another site, i think i reacted to soon because i really like the Dragon now. (i will probably be canceling the other)

I have already purchased most of the other accessories and I am building my 240v controller now.

I would like to have a 26 gallon pot, are they available from SD ? I like the one HBS has.

Thanks
SAWMAN10

Re: Dash 2 on a keg

Postby nick » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:55 pm

I have never used a two plate dash over a 50 litre beer keg, fits beautifully,
I don't know if I would go a dash two, I just think what do you need that pure an alcohol for (vodka, of course)
Bt I don't drink much vodka and when I want to make a panty dropper type liqueur I get good results with the WPOSW recipe,
Nick
nick

Re: Dash 2 on a keg

Postby SAWMAN10 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:46 pm

I think the Dash 2 is what I need , I am going for the Vodka and don't think I can do it with what I was looking at.

I checked with Larry and think i will have to hold off on the Large boiler for now. But it will come in time.
SAWMAN10

Return to bubble cap users group