the modern distiller

Keg Weighing System

Re: Keg Weighing System

Postby Bushman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Now that's pretty cleaver looks like another project for Swede :grin:
I started my liquid diet and so far it seems to be working! I've already lost two days.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
Bushman

Postby Prairiepiss » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:40 am

Oooo I likey. Would love to have that.
I am not the distiller your were looking for!
Prairiepiss

Postby Prairiepiss » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 pm

That's more then another keg. Don't see one of these in my near future.
I am not the distiller your were looking for!
Prairiepiss

Postby jake_leg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 am

Minime's minime might beat me to the punch but I'm up for hacking a digital scale. A keg is similar dimensions to a human and the level of accuracy required is also similar to a bathroom scale. Not sure how well the load cells hold up to dropping a large heavy metal object on it from a height.

I suppose something like this could also be useful under a HLT or BK instead of a sight glass, if you are brewing electric.
jake_leg

Postby Al Q » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:32 am

jake_leg wrote:Minime's minime might beat me to the punch but I'm up for hacking a digital scale. A keg is similar dimensions to a human and the level of accuracy required is also similar to a bathroom scale. Not sure how well the load cells hold up to dropping a large heavy metal object on it from a height.

I suppose something like this could also be useful under a HLT or BK instead of a sight glass, if you are brewing electric.

JL, a hacked pair of scales on an unrelated topic. http://www.jamesyawn.net/electronicstand/bathscale/index.html
Al Q

Postby bellybuster » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:37 am

I don't know, I rather enjoy the anticipation of "the woosh" of an empty keg. It always seems to take longer than anticipated and it's like getting free beers. Right when you think it's coming, there's another beer goes into the glass.
bellybuster

Postby Al Q » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:02 am

punkin wrote:What about when it's the day after you tapped it and you are expecting three or four days out of it. How dissapointing is that?

Who would empty it without your knowing :-o ......the monsters! :lol:
Al Q

Postby lokibrew » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:43 am

Found this one too. http://www.keg-meter.com/

I like the idea of the kegbot.. I can see it on my phone, but I think a hack to use the sparkfun 1-100# sensors may be in order. That way I can fill a split batch into corny kegs with 2.5Gal ea and it will still be calibrated.

it's going to start like this.. 'Honey, I need to get a chest freezer....' Mostly because I don't want to be dicking around with the little left over apt fridge that I"ve been using.. and then I will have room to work. only 1" of clearance in the fridge now.
What? I have no signature? I'll fix that right away! :techie-computer:
lokibrew

Postby jake_leg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:26 am

@Al Q Excellent - bombs away! There's another good write up here: http://scanlime.org/2010/01/hacking-a-d ... oom-scale/

I'm going to sacrifice a scale to the cause because it'll be cheaper than a sight glass on my HLT.

The original kegorator hack looks like it would last about 5 minutes, plus it'll be all wet down there, so I reserve judgment.
jake_leg

Return to All Grain Brewing