the modern distiller

Coopervilles brew setup

Re: Coopervilles brew setup

Postby Bushman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:24 am

If I had room this is another hobby I would like to try although I don't drink beer like I used too. A friend of mine has a very successful nano brewery and I don't think he has near the controller set up you have.
I started my liquid diet and so far it seems to be working! I've already lost two days.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
Bushman

Postby jake_leg » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 am

My HERMS is looking like remaining a pile of bits for a while to come, but hopefully it will end up looking quite similar to this. Is that an STC-1000 in the box?

The home made heat exchanger is pretty ingenious. I am planning on using a plastic tea kettle with a little coil in.

I have those little brown pumps too, I orient them with the inlet tube up though.
jake_leg

Postby Prairiepiss » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:07 am

Good looking kit.

I got to ask. What are little brown pumps? I still haven't got pumps yet. Every time I'm about to get them. The money disappears.
I am not the distiller your were looking for!
Prairiepiss

Postby Prairiepiss » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm

To bad I can't buy from the $20 one. They don't like me after I complained it took 60 days to get my SSRs from them. I waited till after the 45 days that they said to contact them. But they still got pissed. Anyway. I was wanting to buy chuggers from jaybird. But that's $300. Like I said the wife spends it on bills of all things before I can order them. :confusion-shrug: Mite get the wife to order me some.

What are you powering them with? I need to get some 12v power supplies for my controller anyway. So I could just get bigger ones. And have it all built into the controller. I think at $20 each. I mite be better off ordering extras for backups. So I wouldn't need to wait 60 days for a replacement. :lol:
Prairiepiss

Postby jake_leg » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm

You can buy the exact same pumps from http://www.buyincoins.com for a bit less. If you google around you can dig out a 5% coupon.

Similar but higher powered pumps are available from solarprojects.co.uk for a bit more wedge, I have one of them too.

I like them, they do the job. They run off any 12V supply that can give out a couple of amps.
jake_leg

Postby Jaybird » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Nice set up man! I love what people are doing with those little pumps.

Cheers
Jay
Need a False Bottom for your converted keg, kettle or cooler?
We have been custom building False Bottom solutions for over 8 years for everything you can think of.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com
Jaybird

Postby jake_leg » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks Coops. I'll check it out.
jake_leg

Postby LunaBrille » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 am

Nice little vid there, coop. Keep up the good work.
LunaBrille

Postby Prairiepiss » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:13 am

Nice video. Your HERMS system threw me off at first. I thought it was a RIMS setup. I was all cornfused. But I got it now. I mite be able to come up with something like that. And the lightbulb just went on. Damn you coop.

Idea. Combo unit. HERMS, RIMS, and wort chiller all in one. I wanted the option of either HERMS or RIMS. And I need a wort chiller. More to come on this. If I van get my stainless coiled small enough I can do it. To the shop I go.
Prairiepiss

Postby FourofSix » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 am

Very nice system! I love those little pumps and the bleeder valves to prime them is brilliant!

Where is your temp probe for measuring the temp in your mash tun during temp steps? I could not tell from the video if you are only checking the output temp of the HERMS chamber.

Four
FourofSix

Return to All Grain Brewing