the modern distiller

Corn Beer

Corn Beer

Postby Hawk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Well I have done a couple all corn beers with added white sugar for extra abv. The first was with unroasted corn and the second with roasted corn. The roasted corn tasted like corn nuts with a beautiful hop flavor. I originally got into it for a friend who has a friend who is deathly allergic to gluten. Well her and her husband tried my beer and they love it. They have only had rice and sacrin beer in the past and complain that it tastes like crap. So when they tasted my corn beer they where super excited! So we are making more and in this time I am teaching my friend how to make beer so he can continue to make this for his friend as she has not gotten to drink beer with her hubby and enjoy it.

This time around I will be mixing it up a little. We are going to stick with the roasted corn as it really made a better flavor. I will also start a UJ with it too. But this time instead of adding white sugar to help with the abv I will be adding 5 pounds of Panela from SugarDaddy! I am very excited to get this tried out. I just ordered 30 pounds from SugarDaddy and cant wait to see what this turns out like. I may have to just keep the whole keg to myself and make my buddy order up the sugar and make his own batch!

Loving this experimenting.
"You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything from them. Once you've robbed them of everything, they're no longer in your power. They're free again."

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

i tantum flama unum
Hawk

Re: Corn Beer

Postby Kapea » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Sounds pretty tasty. Corn nuts and beer all in one! What's not to like about that?

Now if I could just figure out how to make a boiled green peanuts beer...
Up is away from Earth.
Down is towards Earth. :happy-bouncyshadowgreen:
Kapea

Return to All Grain & Partial Recipes