the modern distiller

powdered alcohol

If it is not covered by the other threads and you can drink it...here is its home.

powdered alcohol

Postby rickyd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:06 pm

New from the I F-----G love science site the latest research into alcohol powdered grog
http://www.iflscience.com/chemistry/pow ... -coming-us
The Stillin Villain
rickyd

Re: powdered alcohol

Postby Zombie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:24 pm

"Many are excited because Palcohol could be discretely brought in to places where liquor is not available or exorbitantly priced, such as sporting events, concerts, movie theaters, airplanes, cruise ships, and the like. However, it is for this precise reason that many are opposing its availability. "

Nice... They left out School, and Church. All in favor? :puke-front:

I may need to be "put down" soon.
Zombie

Postby rickyd » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:59 am

oh for grog in church yep for sure so the can throw it on me to put the flames out from my spontaneous combustion :)
The Stillin Villain
rickyd

Postby Zombie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:03 am

Ah! The old "fight fire with fire" deal. :lol:

According to the article it takes a 1/2 cup measure to have an effect... That's going by the "snorting" response so I assume 1/2 cup of bulked product is equal to one liquid ounce of hootch. Like so many other ideas that come along... I just don't see any advantage for consumers here. Lets say an Avg. ball game is 2.5 hours, and I would have 4-6 drinks during the game. That's 2-3 cups of this magic powder I'd have to smuggle in PLUS the soda or whatever.

I am being facetious in the "smuggling" statement but I only see limited advantages, and they are mostly following the "fad" nature of the item. The manufacturer/distributor/retailer have the advantage. I see no real advantage for consumers in this.
Just my first impression... :think:

I may need to be "put down" soon.
Zombie

Return to Wine making, Mead, Cider, Rocket Fuel etc