the modern distiller

Edit & Delete posts

How can you benefit from this forum...give us ideas to become the best forum we can be.

Edit & Delete posts

Postby F6Hawk » Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 am

Well, my last suggestion was deleted, but I'll have a go at another feature I would like to see brought back... being able to edit and delete my own posts. I preferred it when those features were available.

And for the record, I still want to see external links open in a new tab...
User avatar
F6Hawk
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby crow » Tue May 21, 2013 3:15 am

Hi bud not sure if you noticed but these same issues are being discussed in harely's unblock me thread :handgestures-thumbupright: I would surely give you a link but I am on my phone so I'm not able to
Cheers
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,we borrow it from our Children.
native American proverb
User avatar
crow
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: Central Highlands Victoria Aust.

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby F6Hawk » Wed May 22, 2013 9:16 am

crow wrote:Hi bud not sure if you noticed but these same issues are being discussed in harely's unblock me thread :handgestures-thumbupright: I would surely give you a link but I am on my phone so I'm not able to
Cheers

Yes, I do know, I posted in that thread. But wanted to put the issue here for the mods to see it and hopefully make the improvement. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks!
User avatar
F6Hawk
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Cupcake » Wed May 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I think things are good the way they are,just my two bits worth :handgestures-thumbupright:
Cupcake
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby emptyglass » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:21 am

Lovin the avitar F6Hawk
My page
Making stuff for members
User avatar
emptyglass
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Usually the shed, sometimes the cellar. Central Vic, Australia.

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby BadAssBass » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:57 am

Agree with F6. It's a normal feature in most forums. If I write it, I should be able to edit or delete it. Just my $.02
User avatar
BadAssBass
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby aqua vitae » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 am

Being able to edit or delete for 24 hours maybe is enough to satisfy both sides? You still have time to edit stupid drunk posts or whatever, but mass exodus is still prevented as its just a few posts you can delete as a normal user.

However I'm more interested in if its possible to reanimate the thousands of posts the still dragon crew deleted?
User avatar
aqua vitae
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:04 pm
Location: Thou Ancient, Thou Free

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby midcarolina » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 am

Most everyone knows this control was put into place due to the childish behavior of a few........ as of now this is the best option, things may change in the future, but until then simply pm a mod with the exact info you would like your post edited to read....I see little value in this discussion continuing......
Three can keep a secret..........if TWO are dead!!
User avatar
midcarolina
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 am
Location: The Palmetto State

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby BadAssBass » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 am

I disagree.
User avatar
BadAssBass
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby the Doctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:50 am

I believe that in time this can be relaxed... i am not a person that likes to restrict things, but had to react in response to the destructive and spiteful actions of the few, a little while ago. I provide the forum as a service to distillers to discuss distilling and it is what it is ...no one is forced to take part. But I was not prepared to allow others to destroy what had been built. ...If you have a complaint please do take a ticket and I will get there eventually ...but for now this is the forum on offer. Take it or leave it...After all it is just words on a screen.
Doc
[color=#00BF00]The Muppet who made this mess!
User avatar
the Doctor
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:00 pm
Location: New England ..Australia

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Stinky » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:56 pm

I have been around forums long enough (15 years or so) to know that removing the edit function is a GOOD thing, I have seen many threads and even forums turned to rubbish because someone took offence to something, spat the dummy and deleted important info. Even respected long standing members can turn and it is bad for everyone, not an ideal solution I know but ask yourself - am I a contributor or a potential "indian-giver"?
Want to change a post? Message an Admin or Mod, simple.
2" "Maheel" VM
2" "Maheel" Pot
50 litre boiler, 2200w element
User avatar
Stinky
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 pm
Location: South Australia

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Bushman » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 pm

I am going to agree with stinky, nothing new has been added to either thread in a while and if Doc says maybe in a while he will relax the rules that's good enough for me. 15 minutes is plenty of time to re-read a comment and make corrections and if something is found later or you realize it is incorrect the mods can make the change for you. Everyone wont's information that will help them and is correct.

Keep up the good work this forum is moving forward :handgestures-thumbupright:
I started my liquid diet and so far it seems to be working! I've already lost two days.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
User avatar
Bushman
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby emptyglass » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 am

Bushman wrote:Keep up the good work this forum is moving forward :handgestures-thumbupright:


:text-goodpost:
My page
Making stuff for members
User avatar
emptyglass
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Usually the shed, sometimes the cellar. Central Vic, Australia.

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Bushman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:11 am

Bushman wrote:I am going to agree with stinky, nothing new has been added to either thread in a while and if Doc says maybe in a while he will relax the rules that's good enough for me. 15 minutes is plenty of time to re-read a comment and make corrections and if something is found later or you realize it is incorrect the mods can make the change for you. Everyone want's information that will help them and is correct.

Keep up the good work this forum is moving forward :handgestures-thumbupright:
I started my liquid diet and so far it seems to be working! I've already lost two days.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
User avatar
Bushman
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Bushman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 am

Bushman wrote:
Bushman wrote:I am going to agree with stinky, nothing new has been added to either thread in a while and if Doc says maybe in a while he will relax the rules that's good enough for me. 15 minutes is plenty of time to re-read a comment and make corrections and if something is found later or you realize it is incorrect the mods can make the change for you. Everyone want's information that will help them and is correct.

Keep up the good work this forum is moving forward :handgestures-thumbupright:

Found a missed spelled word, just went back and edited it 1 hour later...plenty of time in my book!
I started my liquid diet and so far it seems to be working! I've already lost two days.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
User avatar
Bushman
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Googe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:28 am

If I had to correct my spelling bushman I'd be here all day :lol: , stupid auto correct :angry-cussing:
.
Googe
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:07 am
Location: awwsralia

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby aqua vitae » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 am

Actually you did not edit that post, you quoted it, changed it and then reposted it. ;-)
User avatar
aqua vitae
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:04 pm
Location: Thou Ancient, Thou Free

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Bushman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:44 am

aqua vitae wrote:Actually you did not edit that post, you quoted it, changed it and then reposted it. ;-)

Thanks I just realized that!
I started my liquid diet and so far it seems to be working! I've already lost two days.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
User avatar
Bushman
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby petes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:51 pm

the Doctor wrote:I believe that in time this can be relaxed... i am not a person that likes to restrict things, but had to react in response to the destructive and spiteful actions of the few, a little while ago. I provide the forum as a service to distillers to discuss distilling and it is what it is ...no one is forced to take part. But I was not prepared to allow others to destroy what had been built. ...If you have a complaint please do take a ticket and I will get there eventually ...but for now this is the forum on offer. Take it or leave it...After all it is just words on a screen.
Doc


Am new here - reading through threads I'm getting a lot of one sided conversations....someone asks a question then thanks someone else for their reply?
All not making a lot of sense. Often rolls on for a while - is this bought about by deletions as referenced by the Doc above, please? :confusion-confused:
petes
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby JayD » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:35 pm

You are correct in your assumption, we are slowly recovering from this time. As this is your first post drop into the Introduce yourself forum and tell us a little about yourself.
JayD
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm
Location: Tasmania, home of world class Whiskey...

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Tap » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Can't help but wonder what happened to cause all this...
Tap
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:46 am

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Zombie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm with you on that Tap.
Browsing around all the distilling forums it appears as if WW III occurred. You can still sense the "twitching"
My guess is like in any large family there will be disputes. This one seems to have everyone retreated to their own section of the house.
I think it's best to stay out of it because you can see the remnants on all of the forums, not just here. Lots of open wounds...

I may need to be "put down" soon.
User avatar
Zombie
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Location: The best part of the USA

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby JayD » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Our forum is still a great forum full of good information and people and more members joining everyday, let not dwell on the past but live present and the future taking distiling to new levels of safety and professionalism. I do think the edit time for typos is sufficient and if you spot a typo you just cant live with pm a mod and we'll sort it out for you. :handgestures-thumbupright:
JayD
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm
Location: Tasmania, home of world class Whiskey...

Re: Edit & Delete posts

Postby Zombie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Agreed!!!

I may need to be "put down" soon.
User avatar
Zombie
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Location: The best part of the USA


Return to What do you want from this forum

  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron