the modern distiller

For Australia Only

for sale or wanted by forum members.

For Australia Only

Postby bigfoot » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi everyone.
Due to various factors including demand, this is limited to Aust and preferably to Tas members but will look at other states if you cover postage.

So, I have bitten the bullet and imported 32 French oak barrels.

These barrels are sized at 20L and 10L and are a medium char. They come with taps, stops and rudimentary stands. These particular barrels have the more expensive and classy stainless hoops.
The cooperage that made these does not use any glue, nor varnish nor waxes or flour/water sealants – they are 100% natural.
As you can see, these are brand new barrels, not rebuilt barrels, thus you can control the flavour.
I have kept the sizes small on this shipment because a few friends have requested the smaller sizes and they are easier to experiment with.(and to be a real bourbon, it must be aged in NEW oak barrels) lol, private joke there...:-)

I already have several orders and at the price I am seeking, I doubt they will last very long...sounds like a bloody cliche but compared to local prices, these are pretty darn good value.
I am needing to get $220 for the 10L units and $250 for the larger 20l barrels. As stated, they come with stands, old style wooden taps and bungs.
I can get larger and smaller barrels if anyone is interested but next shipment is some time away.
Bf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bigfoot

Re: For Australia Only

Postby JayD » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:51 pm

They look great ...
JayD

Postby Maheel » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:08 am

well if you have any trouble selling or even increasing the volume of imports etc beer guys might also be interested in the 20's as thats perfect for a "keg" of draft / sour / oaked beer that some brewers are into.

be nice to get some more pics of them as they look nice
VM / Boka / ?
Shotgun Pot head
50L electric Kegs
and associated shed filling stuff......
Maheel

Postby Clickeral » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Really tempted for one of each

Currently have an unused 5L sitting downstairs haha

What part of Aus are you located?
Clickeral

Postby bigfoot » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:53 am

Hi - I'm in Tasmania.
I have a few people picking theirs up on weekend, so ill get some more pics of a unit all together with their "lord of the rings" taps and stuff ;-)
bigfoot

Postby bigfoot » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:28 pm

As requested...crap lighting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bigfoot

Postby res » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Very nice score BF :handgestures-thumbupright:
Where did they come from?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill
res

Postby bigfoot » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:20 am

These came from a cooperage that has three different locations within Europe ( Ukraine, Belgium, Germany) but use the same ancient french oak throughout their entire range. Apparently, there are massive ancient timber auctions held once or twice a year at various places around these locations, and I'm not sure on the validity of the claims but was sold the idea that the barrels come from stock minimum 100 years old.... :confusion-shrug:
Bf
bigfoot

Postby bigfoot » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:02 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0hansqzprs
A good video showing effects of small barrel aging
bigfoot

Postby bigfoot » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:42 pm

Still plenty of 20l barrels left, only a few 10's
Bf
bigfoot

Postby bigfoot » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:14 pm

Has been a bit of a run on these barrels, only 10 left in total and im contemplating keeping a couple of those myself - especially after sampling some 4 month old drinks on weekend. These barrels can really finish off the home brew drinks to another level of smoothness. It's been a hot summer in tas, you can see the barrels pushing out the oak flavours on hot days - a dark residue forming around the tap, bung, etc. the flavour of this residue is almost indescribable...
So if any members are interested, PM for a members price ASAP - even if you want me to hold one for a couple weeks.
This will be the last import of these new French Oak barrels in these hobby sizes.
Bf.
bigfoot

Postby bigfoot » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Mods - please delete thread if applicable.
Orders have now outstripped supply and I don't think I have the time to walk this road again.
Thanks to all who have purchased, last lot will be sent out the end of this week.
Cheers
Bf.
bigfoot

Postby JayD » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 am

Please let us know how these barrels perform... Honest opinions please.
JayD

Return to Classified Ad's