the modern distiller

Hybrid still with 2 in LM head

Bubble-Pot? Pot-Column? Bubble- Packed column? Don't know quite what it is?
Here is the place for the weird and the wonderful.

Hybrid still with 2 in LM head

Postby Spud1700 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Did this for a fella back in May, just asked about it by one of the members here so thought I may as well post pics.

Three perf plates, 2 sight glasses, 500mm of packed 2 inch with a LM Boka head.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spud1700

Re: Hybrid still with 2 in LM head

Postby Copperhead » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Wow spud that's pretty mind blowing stuff :handgestures-thumbupright: makes my jazzed up boka look boring. Dont think i have seen a bubbler one made of sight glasses before. Brilliant idea :handgestures-thumbupright:
Copperhead

Postby Spud1700 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Copperhead wrote:Wow spud that's pretty mind blowing stuff :handgestures-thumbupright: makes my jazzed up boka look boring. Dont think i have seen a bubbler one made of sight glasses before. Brilliant idea :handgestures-thumbupright:

Hey Mate,

No mind blowing stuff there, just a plate in a sight glass :handgestures-thumbupright: there are a few of them out there, have been for ages. I got the idea from when you did that sight glass with the condenser in it and that would have been 12 months ago or longer? I think the plates in them was done ages ago, I remember seeing photos some where.

Cheers,
Spud1700

Postby Copperhead » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Gee it probably has been 12 months or so since I made that still, as for your plate still still reckon it looks pretty spiffy but I haven't mucked around with them either, it's probably old stuff to some of you fellas. :smile:
Copperhead

Return to Hybrid Stills