the modern distiller

Simple CCVM build

Solutions and methods for overcoming various build issues will reside here. Good idea Maheel

Re: Simple CCVM build

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Thanks JayD. It has a simple fill port. It's a 1" threaded weld spud with a threaded ss plug to seal it. I use a big funnel to fill it. I think there's probably a pic of it somewhere up in the thread.

Thanks SP. Seems that every step of the way has been fraught with mishap. I suppose it will give me a greater appreciation of the finished product.
S-Cackalacky

Re: Simple CCVM build

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed May 10, 2017 11:03 pm

A suggestion for those planning a bottom drain on a keg boiler - install the drain first. When tightening down the vertical connection into the keg, it's hard to know where the horizontal part of the piping will end up related to the circumference of the keg.

I had planned for mine to be positioned at a right angle to the position of the heating element. Instead, it's 180 degrees to the heating element. It probably would have been best to at least install the vertical connection and elbow so as to know where the final valve position would be and them drill the hole for the heating element. This situation could also be remedied by using a triclamp connection into the bottom of the keg.

Probably a trivial thing, but just wanted to point it out for anyone planning a similar build.
S-Cackalacky

Previous

Return to How To Build