the modern distiller

Simple CCVM build

Solutions and methods for overcoming various build issues will reside here. Good idea Maheel

Re: Simple CCVM build

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:07 am

S-Cackalacky wrote:The only thing left to do with the RC is to attach the stick for raising it and lowering it. I have a 4 foot piece of 3/4" oak dowel for that purpose. I'll attach it to the RC with some 6 gauge copper grounding wire.

I'll post up another pic or two when I get the finishing touches on the RC.

That's pretty close to what I did, and it works great. I'd consider taping a ruler to your column, so you can be repeatable setting stick (and therefor condenser) height. I'm still learning to run it, but it seems pretty tolerant of my stupidity. Yesterday we ran it all day, from about 6:30AM to about 4:00PM, and it cranked out 2 gallons of 95% for vodka and about 2.5 gallons at ~91% for gin. As far as I'm concerned, it's a real keeper.
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob-books/making-fine-spirits/

You can make whisky in a reflux still, you can make vodka in a potstill,
and you can eat chicken noodle soup with a crescent wrench. But..
Zymurgy Bob

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:45 pm

I bought a yardstick when I bought the oak stick, but don't know if I'll be using it. My column has a lot of tri clamps that will prevent the yardstick from laying flat. I may end up just putting marks on the stick and on the column to use as guides for positioning. Which leads to a question - do you run with the takeoff either completely closed for reflux, or completely opened for takeoff, or do you vary the takeoff during different stages of the run? With my column, the difference between completely opened and completely closed is a difference of maybe 3 or 4 inches. I hope some of that makes sense.
S-Cackalacky

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:51 am

I'd have to check our records to tell what the distance from low location to high is, but is' about 6 inches. For refluxing to equilibrium, I start with the condenser at its lowest position (27.5", if I recall correctly), and the highest takeoff position is 32.5" (so I guess we use 5" of travel :roll: ).

I still think I don't completely understand what the still's doing at any given instant. but my ignorance doesn't seem to hurt the process any.
Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller http://www.kelleybarts.com/zymurgy-bob-books/making-fine-spirits/

Zymurgy Bob

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:17 am

Thanks ZB. I guess I'll have to play it by ear when I first get going with the column. Thinking a little on it - I imagine the RC would need to be somewhat below the takeoff to be able to knock down all the vapor that might otherwise escape. When the time comes, I think I'll experiment with some cheap TPW sugar washes until I can figure how to drive it.

But, my first runs will probably be with the pot still setup. The first ferments I have planned are apple brandy and rum. I may even try running it without a power controller. I'll make an adapter cable that will allow me to run it either on 240VAC or 120VAC. I should be able to heat up using 240V and then put it on 120V for the actual run. This might work OK for pot still mode, but I don't think it would be so good for reflux. The only reason I'll be doing this workaround is because I don't have all the parts I need for the controller build. I figure I can at least get going with a pot still.

Anyway, that's the plan.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:44 pm

Dad300 posted this graphic of position of the RC for either total reflux and two levels of partial reflux
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--
50L Beer keg boiler, 2200W element
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS CCVM Reflux Column 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:16 am

Kimbo, thanks for posting that. Makes sense, but I was thinking the third position (full reflux) would need to be a bit lower to get the full cooling effect and prevent vapors from getting to the takeoff. But, I defer to DAD300 - he's done this far longer than I've even thought about it.

In my last post I talked about making adapter cables and using a somewhat convoluted method to run in pot still mode. Well, given the time and expense to make the adapter cables, I think it would be just as easy to go ahead and do the controller build to begin with. I have most of what I need for the controller with the exception of the twist lock connectors - haven't ordered those yet. I'm also debating whether or not to include volt/amp meters so that I'm not flying totally blind during runs. I'll need to do some research before approaching it because my electrical skills are sorely lacking.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:05 am

I haven't bothered with voltmeters or ammeters. I've just made marks near the dial for the range for the "sweet spot". I do have a voltmeter I could install but haven't felt the need. You could just use some cable zipties instead of the twistlocks in the interim.
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby kimbodious » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:15 pm

My CSST is on its way from Florida, maybe I will get to run mine before you do S-C?? These things seem to take forever when you are waiting but in the scheme of things waiting to get our modular CCVM projects up and running have made for an interesting second half of 2016!
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:21 am

Kimbo, I know what it's like to be waiting for parts. I have a part on a slow boat from China at the moment. I guess my column is basically finished with the exception of some minor loose ends. My biggest issue at the moment is the controller and the keg boiler. I could probably wrap them both up in a couple of weeks if I had all the parts available. I can't finish the controller until I have the connectors and I can't order them until I save up enough money. I have to wonder, in this hobby, are we ever really finished with ANYTHING? I guess we can call it finished when we can run a drop through it.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:28 pm

If you get another tee and another endcap you can build a gin head for your modular system. A 3" diameter infusion chamber would be heaps big enough!
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Kimbo, maybe at some point down the road. I had pretty good success with gin just using my little 5 gallon pot still w/thumper. I did a maceration using neutral hearts, strained it into the thumper, and used the main boiler charged with plain water to steam inject for distillation. It was extremely simple and easy. I plan to hang on to my small still and use it mostly for making gin.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:55 pm

I got my CSST. It was too tight a fit for a spiral coil in my column with the 1/2 OD CSST. I have resorted to a pretzel type twist with two scrubbies enmeshed in it. Now I have to work out the best leak proof way to connect the water hoses!
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Kimbo, I bought vinyl hose with the same ID as the OD of the CSST and used metal hose clamps to attach them. After putting it together, I ran a leak test and had no problems.
S-Cackalacky

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:57 pm

I wasn't that smart. I found a copper reducer (at McMaster-Carr) with an ID equal to the OD of the CSST, and the OD of the other end equal to the ID of the re-inforced vinyl tubing I use. With a clamp and some JB Weld, they don't leak.

Zymurgy Bob

Postby Swedish Pride » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:43 pm

I just soldered some 1/2 copper piper in to the 1/2CCST, had to flare the end of the CCST to take the copper, but was plain sailing after that
Photo0370.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't be a dick
Swedish Pride

Postby S-Cackalacky » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:11 am

An update - It's been difficult to find bits of time to work on the column. I made one little design change. I bought a 3" X 3" sanitary spool to use for holding the packing retainer. I'm using a wire mesh sink strainer for the retainer. I thought it would be a hassle to have it installed between the bottom of the main column and the top of the reducer. If I did it that way, I would need to either empty the packing from the column, or use a second reducer on top of the keg. Mounting the reducer to the 2" sanke ferrule is a pain in the butt with the weight of the column to deal with. The small spool holding the packing retainer will be semi-permanent and will make it much easier to install the column on top of the keg. This will also make the installation of the reducer a semi-permanent installation as well - makes it much easier to convert from reflux to pot mode.

The only other thing I've done was to make a couple of cables for the new power controller. Doesn't seem like much, but it can be quite a challenge with arthritis and neuropathy. One cable is a 240V dryer plug on one end and a female twist lock on the other end. The second is a female and a male twist lock on the ends. I plan to have surface mount twist lock connections on the controller box and probably also for the heating element on the keg.

I keep jumping from one thing to another. I bought casters and all the bits and piecies for mounting them. These will be installed on the legs of the keg stand. The keg stand is the bottom half of a metal bar stool. I'll post up some pics as it progresses - maybe start a new thread for the boiler build.

Anyway, that's where I am with this mess.
S-Cackalacky

Postby Swedish Pride » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:34 pm

fair play to you for pushing through despite your ailments.

I like the idea of the mount twist lock connections on the controller box, I'd gone with that as well if I wasn't so darn cheep :)
Don't be a dick
Swedish Pride

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:14 am

SP, I'm pretty cheap too and always looking for ways to cut costs. But then, I also need to consider ease of use. I know there are others here who are dealing with various physical challenges. Not only do we need to solve common design issues, we also need to think about overcoming some of the difficulties of using what we build. And, to that end, we sometimes need to spend a little more money.

One of the motivations for this build was to avoid soldering as much as possible. I have a particular phobia about dropping propane cylinders.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Based on my experience today on my first CCVM run S-Cack, I can assure you that you are going to love how easy they are to run :handgestures-thumbupright: , something to look forward to aye!
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby kimbodious » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Zymurgy Bob wrote:
S-Cackalacky wrote:The only thing left to do with the RC is to attach the stick for raising it and lowering it. I have a 4 foot piece of 3/4" oak dowel for that purpose. I'll attach it to the RC with some 6 gauge copper grounding wire.

I'll post up another pic or two when I get the finishing touches on the RC.

That's pretty close to what I did, and it works great. I'd consider taping a ruler to your column, so you can be repeatable setting stick (and therefor condenser) height.

I have simply put a coloured zip tie around the CSST at the settings (top of column) for full reflux and again at optimal output. I have to stand on a chair to reach to adjust the RC but luckily the RC stays put wherever I set it
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:04 am

Kimbo, congratulations on your first CCVM run! Tell us about it - what wash did you run? How long did it take? What was the ABV? How easy/difficult was it to control?
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:18 pm

I am writing a full report but won't publish it until I check the aired product. Brief answers to your questions, TPW wash, power on to power off 10 hours (includes 1.25 hours heat up and 1.25 hours in total reflux). Temperature corrected azetrope at 1.5 litres per hour. Easy? You betcha! Set and forget cooling. Repeatable positioning of the RC for total reflux and repeatable for optimum running position. Very sensitive to changes in RC position as little as 1cm! You are going to love operating yours!
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:12 am

Thanks for posting that. I know that what you're saying will probably all go out the window when it comes to doing my own runs, but it's encouraging to hear that you find it to be easy.

Your run time seems to be similar to what ZB got on his first run. I remember reading somewhere that you have 2200W of power. I wonder, in your case, if you might benefit from a second heating element. It might at least cut down on the heat up time. Are you running at full power throughout the run?

Anyway, I feel like I'm still a long way from being able to run this thing. Your postings here have been particularly inspirational and have helped to spur me forward. I appreciate all the suggestions from other members as well. Much of the input I've received in this thread has gone toward improving the build.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:27 am

My run time is not 'limited' by available power, it is a 2" packed column thing. I am not running at full power because of the risk of flooding. At higher power the condensate simply can't get back down the column quick enough. Yes I could decrease the density of the SS scrubbie packing but it is a tradeoff I am prepared to accept for the lazy very high purity product.

I am easy about the heat up time so don't think it is worth the expense and effort of a second element. I subscribe to the slow and gentle heat up theory for good initial separation of the low boiling temp volatiles. I use the heat up time to set out jars and get the workstation in to good ergonomic shape, oh and have a coffee.

The hot conditions that day and the warm water temps were a good test for an initial run
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:04 am

This is the design change I made. I basically just added a 3"x3" ss spool between the bottom of the main column section and the top of the reducer connection to the keg. I did this to make assembly a bit easier.

This is an updated version of the drawing in the OP:
CCVM 2 resized.png

These two pics show the trimming of the gasket and the retainer (sink strainer) fitted to the ss spool.
Retainer gasket.png

Retainer and spool.png

For the gasket, I had to trim away more of the inside edge than I would have liked. I ended up also wrapping the outer edge of the sink strainer with some PTFE tape to assure a good seal. I tested it with water in the column and had no leaks. Now that it's tri-clamped together, I don't plan to ever take it apart unless it happens to spring a leak.
S-Cackalacky

Postby Bushman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:31 am

Looking good S-Crack!
I started my liquid diet and so far it seems to be working! I've already lost two days.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
Bushman

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:49 am

Thanks Brush!
S-Cackalacky

Postby S-Cackalacky » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:33 am

I built a new controller for this still. I decided to post it here instead of starting a new thread. There are already many controller build threads out there. This one is very simple. It's one of those ready made Chinese 10KW SCR controllers mounted in a metal project box. I included a dual pole switch and flange mounted 240V electrical input/output. I also left some space near the top for adding meters if I decide to do so in the future. It's finished except for drilling some vent holes. It also hasn't been tested yet. I've decided to rewire my little 5 gallon pot still with 10 gauge wire and use it for the smoke test.

Here are a couple of pictures - with and without the cables attached.
controller new.png

controller new 2.png

I still have the column to finish up - crush lava rock and install the stick for raising and lowering the RC. Also need to finish up the boiler - install the heating element and bottom drain. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's very difficult to find the time during the holiday season. I'm happy to get the controller out of the way.
S-Cackalacky

Postby Swedish Pride » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:56 pm

looks good lad.
One thing though, I'd consider mounting a PC fan push the air through it.
One time my fan had become unplugged and did not run, the box got very hot halfway though the run
Don't be a dick
Swedish Pride

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:56 am

SP, the controller box has a fan built into it, but some folks using these have had the little fan crap out on them. I'll be keeping a close eye on it.
S-Cackalacky

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:16 am

This is the controller installed in the project box: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10000W-220V-SCR ... SwMNxXa7cq
S-Cackalacky

Postby Swedish Pride » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:34 am

ah ok, upgraded since i got mine, looks good

oh, and happy xmas to ya
Don't be a dick
Swedish Pride

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:34 am

I have one of the older ones myself. It's wired up for 120V service and I've been using it to run my little 5 gallon pot still. I'm thinking of rewiring the pot still element and the old controller to run on 240V, so that I'll have a spare. It has a 12V PC fan and heatsink that uses an external wall wart for power to the fan. When I started out, I didn't have an area for stilling near enough to the clothes dryer's 240V outlet, so I built my first still to run on 120V service.

Electrical standards are a little different here in the USA than Europe, AU, and most of the rest of the world. 120VAC is the standard for household service (e.g., lights and small appliances). 240VAC is used mostly for things like clothes dryers, water heaters, AC units, cooktops, etc. The big downside to running an element rated for 240V service on 120V service is that it drops the available wattage to 1/4th of its rated wattage. I have a 240V 5500W element in my pot still that runs at a maximum of 1375W on 120V service. It takes the pot still with a 4.5 gallon charge about and hour to come up to heat. That could be reduced to about 15 to 20 minutes if running on 240V.

Probably more information than anyone wanted to hear.

A belated Merry Christmas to you too SP.
S-Cackalacky

Postby WVSHINER » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:57 pm

S-Cackalacky wrote:This is the controller installed in the project box: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10000W-220V-SCR ... SwMNxXa7cq

S-Cacky, those connection points look to be mighty small. May I ask what gauge wire you used and did you use crimp on connectors ?

Thanks, friend.
Black labs know stuff.
WVSHINER

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:17 am

WVS, I used 10 gauge wire. The connections are similar to how the twist-lock connections work - strip the wire to about a half inch, insert it into the slot, and tighten down the screw. None of the connections in the project box required crimp connectors. I think I may need to do that for the connections to the heating element.

The Chinese SCR box IS fairly small for what it is. I removed the cover for a peek inside when I first got it. The cooling fan is about the size of an American silver dollar and just sort of lays on top of the heat sink. The only thing holding it in place are its wiring and the metal cover. Very compact design.
S-Cackalacky

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:10 am

Just a quick update - I got my ass kicked by a flu bug a few weeks ago and still haven't fully recovered. It may be a little while before I get going on this project again. When I DO get started again, my focus will be on getting the boiler finished.
S-Cackalacky

Postby WVSHINER » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:13 am

Can't wait to see your finished CSST plumbing when it's ready to roll.

Invest in some chikken soup. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Black labs know stuff.
WVSHINER

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:58 am

I had a little drink of Knob Creek last night - first in several weeks. I feel better this morning than I have since before I got sick. My conclusion is that Knob Creek works better than chicken soup.

I'm very anxious to get started again. I've given some thought to adding a dimroth PC to the build. I think I have enough CSST left over from the RC build. Trying to figure out what size ss spool to buy - 1.5 inch or 2 inch by 36 inch. The CSST I have is 5/8" OD, so theoretically a loop of it should fit inside a 1.5" tube with some wiggle room. Any thoughts on this?
S-Cackalacky

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:43 am

You may have better twisting technique than I have, and your 1.5" SS ID may be larger than my 1.5" copper ID, but it took a lot of pushing, tweaking and pushing again to get maybe 12" of twisted 1/2" (nominal, I think that's your 5/8 OD) CSST inside my 1.5" copper. I'd never try it again, and just go straight to 2", maybe with some copper mesh twisted in.

If you do work it with 1.5", and it's easy, I may hate you for a while. :lol:

Zymurgy Bob

Postby S-Cackalacky » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:40 am

Thanks ZB. Actually, I should have gone back and re-read my own discussion thread. You had already mentioned this once before and I guess my memory wasn't serving me well. Anyway, I will likely go with 2" X 36". I guess I was trying to avoid the expense of the 2". For some reason, a 2" sanitary spool seems to cost more than what I paid for a 3" X 36" spool.

One other plus for using 2" - the product takeoff reducer I'm using is 3" X 2", so the 2" dimroth will clamp directly to it without any additional expense. So, back to saving some cash for a 2" spool.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 am

You'll only get a twist at best in a 2" spool but you can build in some ss scrubbers in to the twist.
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:33 am

Kimbo, that's the plan.
S-Cackalacky

Postby S-Cackalacky » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:29 am

I ordered the 2"X36" ss sanitary spool for the dimroth yesterday. It should arrive by the end of the week. I also went to Home Depot and bought a couple of reinforced clear hoses for the cooling water lines. When the spool arrives, it should be a quick build.

I'm also working on the boiler. It's going a little slower. I'm waiting for a ss cup brush to help clean the metal for the soldering. It may not arrive for another couple of weeks. I'm not looking forward to this part of the build. Soldering is one of my least favorite things to do.

Anyway, I'll post pics as it progresses.
S-Cackalacky

Postby S-Cackalacky » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:37 am

I received the 2X36 ss spool yesterday. One thing I didn't anticipate - the thing is damned heavy. Not so much a problem with THIS still build, but I was also wanting to use it with my small stock pot still. Could be a problem.

I hope to build the dimroth later this week. I'll post pics when it's done.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:13 pm

What is the latest Clacka? Really looking forward to you sharing news about your first few runs with the new still.

With all the time and expense It took before I had my CCVM it is frustrating how little I have used mine! As rempting as it would be, I still cant bring myself to use the CCVM to do a strip and polish say from a kale wash. So for me it is to set up and run two x 25 litre fermenters with kale wash; strip those. Set up another two x 25 litre fermenters with kale wash; strip those too. Combine the low wines dilute and finally get to polish it through my CCVM!

I had 33 SS scrubbers in 1.2 metre column and had to keep the power throttled to keep from flooding it. I have repacked the column with just 22 SS scrubbers so hoping I can open up the power a bit more!

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and best wishes on your build! :handgestures-thumbupright:
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby S-Cackalacky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:27 am

Kimbo, thanks for the good thoughts. I had hoped to have the dimroth finished by the end of this week, but ran into some snags. I guess I tried to get a little too fancy with it.

First, I trimmed one of the tri-clamp ends off of the spool (output end). About 3 inches up, I drilled two 3/4" holes using a step bit in a drill press. I ran into a snag with the drilling and think I may have work-hardened the SS. I had a hard time getting the hole large enough to accommodate the CSST.

I then cut the tube at an angle - opening up the holes for the CSST to slip into and act as guides. The tube tapers to a point at the end. I went through 3 hacksaw blades getting the cutting done. It took quite a while to do the cuts and at one point, out of desperation, I tried using and angle grinder, but had to back off after screwing things up with bad cuts.

I did a real hatchet job of it and figure it will probably take a couple of days with a Dremel and some sandpaper to get it looking decent. I don't anticipate much problem with the CSST. I'll be including some ss scrubbies in the CSST twists. I'll post some pics when it's finished.

Other than that, the next biggest thing (and one of the last) is to finish up the keg - that is, solder fittings, attach legs, and install the bottom drain and heating element. Still a lot to do, but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

For the first runs, I'll probably be doing a couple of strips in pot still mode. I have about 20 gallons of store-bought apple juice that I collected over the past several months. I hope to get a ferment going on it before the weather warms up too much. I won't start it until I can see that I'm coming to the end of this build. I'll do the strips with this still and use my small 5 gallon still and thumper for the spirit run. After that, I was thinking of doing some TPW runs to get myself acquainted with the reflux column.

Anyway, that's what I got to report. I'll get there one of these first days.
S-Cackalacky

Postby kimbodious » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:55 am

Oh dear, I was a bit late with the positive thoughts! A SS scrubber will help to polish out your sins!

Check out how this guy installed the dimroth in his PC!
image.jpeg
--
Modular SS Pot Still 2"
Modular SS Gin Head 2"
kimbodious

Postby Zymurgy Bob » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:49 am

Very nice, but I'm not offended by having coolant in/out lines coming out of the same hole as the distillate, but it's so much easier, if inelegant. Oh, and knocks down watts like bastard!

Zymurgy Bob

Postby S-Cackalacky » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:54 am

Kimbo, the sins were near mortal.

ZB, the CSST still goes in and out of the open end. All the, probably unnecessary, work was my feeble attempt to tidy things up a bit. It's yet to be seen. Once I get it put together, a photo might help to explain.

Just noticed - this thread was started May 28th last year (9 months ago). Think I can get it done in less than a year?
S-Cackalacky

Postby Swedish Pride » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 am

can't rush perfection, or is this case half-arseedness :lol:

just joking mate, takes time to get all stuff and put it together, like you i'm not flush so getting stuff bit by bit as you can afford takes time, never mind fabricating it
Don't be a dick
Swedish Pride

PreviousNext

Return to How To Build